09 December 2008

Thought For the week - 5

One should not kill a living being,
nor cause it to be killed,
nor should one incite another to kill.
Do not injure any being, either strong or weak, in the world.
- Bhagawan Buddha

Thru this quote Budha states that one should never incite another to kill, nor he indulge in killing. That is, dont kill any animal (Not only humans) directly or otherwise.

I am putting this up just when the killing of millions of sheep is in site on the eve of Bakra-eid. No amount of religious notes can justify this destruction. After all we are humane, and cultured! Dont kill them in the name of religion is what I want to tell thru this message.

Grow them to eat, and butcher them for the same reason, but dont add up 'God' factor to such a nonsensical tradition. For the same reason, I am putting this thought up here, a couple days in advance!

Please Note: I am not rediculing any belief or tradition, but only putting forth what I feel. I really dont know why this tradition is in place, and the history behind that. I would be interested to know further.

No comments: